Tuesday, April 10, 2007

a thought or two from wells

hey everybody its wells tonight thanx for reading if u are. Africa was an eyeopening experience i know it may sound cliche but all of us that went know how it is. its impossible to describe completely, to transfer the full emotion to one another. something like that has to be experienced, and im glad Gos gave me the opportunity to do so. I guess ill start in muka. the first day/night we arrived in mukka i was amazed by the emptyness that was there. not the town but the feeling of ambience and a spiritual emptiness. o dont know how everyone else felt but that is what i felt. we got to stay in some cool little grasse huts. but they were built well the walls were made of cement.we painted a clinic down there and it was great to see the final result and how joyful the people were there. in maamba it was a little different. even though the conditions wernt the best sometimes everyone was able to get along and things went relativly great. excluding me losing have my luggage. im sure youve all heard about my misshaps by now. like leaving my passport on a plane and running back thru the runway in bear feet to get it back. woops. in maamba i was so entirely overcome with a sense of spiritual conflict. i could feel the devil wrestling to take my mind but God protected us. He gave us great people like Graydon \bishop, Michelle the most spirit filled woman ive ever met, and Pastor Roy, and of course the bishops and the h's.
Anyway im not going to tell all my stories ill wait to get back, even though ive been blabbing for like 30min. the exchange is great its an extra opportunity to reveal God to others. it may be a dangerouse place, but God is more dangerous than anything, and im glad im on his side. the host families r great and the girls and i may get the opportunity to go skydiving, dont worry parents if our strings snap i know how to fly, its all good. just teasing. if u dont want us going u can email us. the girls and i are bonding well, dont worry bishops and beurnicks, if thats how u spell it, im taking care of your girls fine. i took a couple bullets to the chest but just a little scratch, hee hee, mabye it wasnt quite that bad. anyway i should scram. thanx to all of those who put up with my blabbing i know it was long.

Wells

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wells,
Im so glad that everything has gone well. Hopefully your still living from those bullets you took! I am so excited to see you wehn you get home and hear all the stories that you have to share. Im glad you are still alive and Nick hasent killed you yet and Im also glad you have not been sacrifices by anyone. Hopefully you are having an amazing time and you hvae many amazing stories to share when you come home. I truly hope your life has been changed by this experience. I know the lives you have touched has made an impact on you as well. I talked to your mom, she missed you. I talked to matt, he doesnt. But I do and I cant wait to talk to you. Im praying for you.

morgan!

Anonymous said...

Hey there my son! Was so excited to see you on the blog this morning. It's 5:30 a.m. The Lord woke me up in a dream at 4:00 and I've been up praying, reading His word....I tried to call yesterday, but nobody was home. Did you see the reply to Elyse's blog I wrote? I am SO happy for all that you are experiencing. If you get to go skydiving - that is awesome! I know you will be careful...just don't forget anything....like your parachute! (hee hee).
I'm glad that you are bonding with the girls. The experiences that the 3 of you will share will be so special....something ONLY the 3 of you will experience. I'm certain the Lord will use these experiences to change you and effect those around you. You are in great company Wells, the Lord has provided you with not only 2 good travelling partners, but excellent friends. Say hello to them for me. I'll be excited to talk to you more about Maamba....I have a meeting with Dave & Charlene from Hungry For Life in Chilliwack on Monday. Please pray for that meeting...perhaps the Lord will show us more opportunities to help the children and people in Maamba. Now I'm the one that is taking a lot of space. I love you Wells and am excited about all I will hear when you arrive home. You will only have just over a month at this home...we will move and make a new home at the beginning of June. So much has happened since you've been gone...so much to share with you.

I bless you Wells. Read Jeremiah 29:11 & 12
Hugs to you,
Mama

Anonymous said...

GAH!!!! WELLSLEY!!
i miss you the mostest
i cant wait till your back home.
its been far to long
i have to say that im rather jelious that your on the exchange, and im not there with you guys.
it would have been a blast.
be safe, dont lose anything else.
and keep the ladies in good hands.
hugs to all of you.
Tell Nick not to call me women when he reads this, cuz i know he will.

-Kristal xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey Wells, You're the man!! Thanks for keeping those girls in line for us. I know that they can be a lot of trouble! =) Keep taking those bullets, and remember to have the girls jump out of the plane first. That way if your chute doesn't open you have something soft to land on. =)
Enjoy your trip.
Interesting what you wrote about Zambia, because the first time I went I felt that same thing so strongly. This time I was just feeling sick all the time.
Thanks for blogging!

KCS Africa2007 said...

Hi Wells
I'm so glad that you are still doing well and in one piece. Are you just about finished you Doxy and is it finding its way to your tummy heehee. I'm glad that there are the 3 of you and you are able to look out for each other and grow together, I'm sure that it is adding alot to your exchange experience. We look forward to seeing you all.
Is Elyse going skydiving too!!!!
first i've heard of it
Take care love you all
Mrs. Bishop